Get in touch
How does alcohol affect Blood Pressure 2023 Updated
The consumption of alcohol quite often is often a danger to our health. Undoubtedly, alcohol intake can have a bad impact on the blood pressure level also. So, the doctors of Global Hospital Mumbai tend to treat the cause effectively. In fact, alcohol not only disturbs the level of blood pressure but contributes to other associated disease formation too.
So, this article will take to the depths of problems linked up with blood pressure occurring from alcohol. Also, the benefits of limiting alcohol consumption have its mention here.
Why does alcohol affect blood pressure?
Well, we are aware of the fact that excess of anything can be bad. Similarly, having more than three glasses of alcohol can be harmful to the body. So, alcohol affecting blood pressure level becomes a reality as consuming alcohol can constrict the blood vessels. This happens because the hormone renin’s size gets thinner diameter-wise.
Following that, rennin will result in less fluid discharge from the body. Obviously urination will be hampered in this process. Now, as the increasing fluids fail to get out of the body, blood pressure goes up. Also, pressure can rise due to the lessening amount of blood vessels that occur due to alcohol intake.
In what way alcohol affects blood pressure?
Intake of alcohol can be dangerous in multiple ways. It not only affects blood pressure largely but also makes the body prone to several other diseases. So, the main ways in which alcohol affects blood pressure are as follows:
- Alcohol has a direct impact on the renin-angiotensin aldosterone system. This is a system that takes the help of kidneys for controlling the level of blood pressure. Here, the renin gets into trouble as a contraction of the blood vessels takes place. Following that, discharge of urine becomes an issue. Therefore, excess fluid storage as well as inability of discharging the same just ends up as increases in blood pressure level.
- Blood calcium level also becomes the prime reason in alcohol affecting the blood pressure level. As, huge intake of alcohol tends to constrict the blood vessels, therefore blood pressure increases a lot.
- Even the baroreceptors that control the regulation of blood pressure get disturbed due to alcohol. Generally, consuming alcohol tends to slow down the functioning of baroreceptors. The allowance of blood vessel stretch is automatically disrupted when a person consumes excess alcohol. Ultimately, this process gives a rise in the level of blood pressure and has unwanted circumstances.
- Most commonly, the presence of high calories as well as sugar content in alcohol is bad. So, alcohol affecting blood pressure level might rise due to its regular intake. Usually, more than 5 drinks at a go can have a severe impact on a person’s health.
- If a person drinks alcohol with medications of high pressure then it might have an adverse effect on the health. Following that, the person can vomit a lot . Even dizziness can raise blood pressure.
Therefore, many accidents can be caused this way if the blood pressure level goes this high. So, putting some limits on alcohol can always be a wise decision. However, binge drinking is something that affects the blood pressure level more in men than in women.
Can managing alcohol levels help in blood pressure reduction?
Generally, regular drinkers have an issue with blood pressure reduction. So, the cardiologist of Global Hospital, Mumbai suggests limiting alcohol consumption for reducing blood pressure. However, some notable improvements are as follows:
- By limiting alcohol intake, the renin hormone becomes able to secrete fluid from the body in ample amounts. This process can initiate urine discharge to its full extent. Therefore, the blood pressure level can tend to normalise.
- By controlling alcohol, one can give more focus on diet and this can help to monitor blood pressure levels in the body. In addition to that, other health problems would be reduced this way.
- Leaving alcohol addicting can make the hormones to function at its full extent. Therefore, alcohol affecting blood pressure level would be diminished completely.
- Cortisol levels can be controlled properly. And thus, the balance in blood pressure level can take place. Following that, the blood vessels can allow the blood to flow in a smooth manner.
Therefore, having control over alcohol consumption is always advantageous for the body. Further, the mind stays alert by limiting wine. . Even the person becomes healthy day by day. Still, monitoring the blood pressure level is always good for the body. By doing so, one can avoid major cardiac diseases including heart attack and asthma.
How can Credihealth help?
Credihealth is the perfect means of ensuring good health as there are doctors in bulk to help you out. Further top-notch hospitals have their presence here. So, Credihealth makes sure that citizens of India stay healthy and therefore provides extensive services online. One can choose the hospitals as per the place as well as book appointments with the best doctors by taking the help of these hospitals. Thus, the entire medical journey becomes memorable when you are with Credihealth.
Also Check :Which Doctor to Consult for Stomach Pain
Also Read: Which Doctor to Consult for Mouth Ulcer
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Hair Fall
Also Check: Which Doctor to consult for Back Pain
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Headache
Also Check : Which Doctor to consult for Foreskin Problem
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Burning Feet
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Hernia
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Urinary problems
Also Check: Which doctor to consult for Breast Pain
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Breathing Problems
Also Check : Which Doctor to consult for Breast Discharge
Also Check : What Foods to Eat to Cure Fatty Liver
Also Check : How to Reduce Muscle Pain in Legs
Also Check : How to Get Rid of Constipation Fast at Home
Also Check : Stroke vs. Heart Attack What’s the Difference
Also Check : Is Back Pain a Symptom of Pregnancy
Also Check : How Much Pain During Normal Delivery
Also Check : What Are the First Signs of Kidney Stones
Also Check : Which type of Delivery is Best
Also Check : What Can cause Lower Back Pain in Women
Also Check: How Long Does Facial Plastic Surgery Last
Also Check : What are the most common causes of headaches?
Also Check : What are the Symptoms of Brain Tumor?
Also Check : Is Normal Delivery Possible with cord Around Neck
Also Check : What Could be the Complications during childbirth?
Also Check : What Causes Lower Abdominal Pain in Females
Also Check: How Stem Cells used in Treatment of Cancer
Also Check : How Can I Solve my Sleeping Problem
Also Check : What Does a Heart Attack Feel Like
Also Check: How Painful is Normal Delivery
Also Check : What Are the Stages of Cancer
Also Check : Are Breast Cancer Lumps Painful
Also Check : Different Types of Brain Tumors
Also Check : What is hernia disease? is Hernia Dangerous
Also Check :What Foods Help in Sleeping
Also Check : Best Food For Digestion Problems
Also Check : Root Canal vs Tooth Extraction Which is Better
Also Check : How to relieve Chest pain due to Stress
Also Check : How Long Does a Spinal Fusion Surgery Take
Also Check: Best Food for Constipation
Also Check : What are the common complications of kidney stones?
Also Check : Can Back Pain Indicate Kidney Stone
Also Check : What are the Signs of Gallbladder Cancer
Also Check : What are the Breastfeeding Effects of women
Also Check : What Complications During Pregnancy
Also Check : What Condition Paralysis Causes
Also Check : What Level of Eosinophils Indicate Cancer
Also Check : Different Types of Blood Cancer Treatments
Also Check : What is Difference Between Kidney Pain vs Back Pain
Also Check : How many people die from Heart Disease
Also Check : What Causes Sleep Paralysis
Also Check : Can Gastritis Cause Shortness of Breath
Also Check : How to Deal With mental Health During Pregnancy
Also Check : What type of headache indicates a Brain Tumor?
Also Check : What Causes Headaches During Pregnancy
Also Check : How to Diagnose Kidney Stones
Also Check : Why am i Having Trouble Sleeping
Also check : How does cough affect the condition of Lung Cancer
Also Check : What are the Signs of Infertility in Women
Also Check : What to Eat with Upset Stomach
Also Check : How to Prevent yourself from having Paralysis
Also Check : What are common Knee Injuries
Also Check : What to Expect after Chemotherapy for Lung Cancer
Also Check : How to Reduce Back Pain
Also Check : What Can Cause Lower Back Pain in a Woman
Also Check : Most Common Gynecological Cancer
Also Check : How to Stop Frequent Urination
Also Check : What are Side Effects of Plastic Surgery
Also Check : What is the Treatment for Lung Cancer
Also Check : Advanced treatment options for Hernia Repair
Also Check : What is the Best Medicine for Lower Back Pain
Also Check : What Food is Good for Brain Tumor Patients
Also Check : What are Common Sciatica Pain Causes
Also check : Can Dehydration Cause High Blood Pressure
Also Check : What is Constipation? What Causes Constipation
Also Check : Exercises For Lower Back Pain
Also Check : How to Get rid of Leg Pain Immediately
Also Check : Is Lower Back Pain Early Sign of Pregnancy
Also Check : What can Cause Knee Pain Without Injury
Also Check : What to Eat when you have no Appetite
Also Check : What to take for Diarrhea
Also Check: Uterine Fibroids During Pregnancy
Also Check : What Causes Swollen Legs From the Knee Down
Also Check : What Causes Heartburn Everyday
Also Check : What Do Early Pregnancy Cramps Feel Like
Also Check : Why is Laparoscopic Surgery Done
Also Check : All You Need To Know About Cervical Disorder
Also Check : Do Brain Tumors Cause Headaches
Also Check : How many Kidney Transplant can a Person have
Also Check : What are the warning signs of thyroid problems
Also Check : Best Antibiotics for Stomach Infection
Also Check : How Long Does Stomach Virus Last
Also Check : How much does a kidney transplant cost in India
Also Check : Can issues with the digestive system turn serious
Also Check : How Does Lung cancer affect the lungs
Also Check : How to Reduce Blood Sugar Levels Immediately
Also Check : Can Diabetes Be Reversed
Also Check : How Does Stress Affect the Digestive System
Also Read: Different Types of Skin Diseases
Also Read : How Long to Recover From Hernia Surgery
Also Read : What Causes Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Also Read: What are the Types of Lung Diseases
Also Read: What are Mental Health Fun Facts
Also Read: What Causes Protein in Urine Mean