Get in touch
Which doctor to consult for Hair Fall 2023 Updated
Hair loss is a medical condition that can affect both men and women at the same time. Whereas in the case of women, a variety of factors and physical changes might contribute to significant hair loss. Among men, the majority of occurrences of hair loss are caused by male pattern baldness, which is a hereditary condition that causes hair loss. An individual with excess hair loss can consult at the Department of Dermatology at Sagar hospital Bangalore, which offers comprehensive medical care for skin, hair, and nail disorders in inpatient and outpatient settings.
Factors that cause hair loss – There are a variety of factors that can influence the growth of our hair, including nutritional deficiencies (iron, zinc, vitamin D, and protein), dandruff, and an excessively oily scalp – all of which are readily remedied.
- Heredity – Hair loss caused by genetics is a natural condition. It is known as androgenetic alopecia, and it is more common in men. It is also known as male-pattern baldness or genetic baldness.
- Hormonal Changes – Hormonal changes occur in women during pregnancy, delivery, menopause, and contraceptive modifications. Hormonal fluctuations disrupt the hair growth cycle, resulting in increased hair loss. Childbirth puts a lot of strain on the body and can cause a lot of hair follicles to go into a resting or telogen phase. Telogen effluvium is a phrase hair loss doctor used to characterize this type of scalp hair loss. But don’t worry, this ailment is completely reversible.
- Medications And Radiation Therapy – Medications such as chemotherapy treatments, antidepressants, arthritis medications, and high blood pressure medications can cause hair loss. Radiation treatment, which is used to treat cancer, can cause hair loss.
- Stress – Numerous people notice a general thinning of their hair several months after experiencing a physical or mental trauma of some kind. This particular form of hair loss is just transitory.
- Vitamin deficiency – Protein, amino acids, and peptide linkages are the building blocks of your hair. It is critical to have a nutritious diet in order to maintain these structures. Hair loss can be caused by a lack of protein (from either animal or plant sources), iron, zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin B in your diet.
- Excessive Hairstyles and treatments – Excessive hairstyling or hairstyles that pull your hair tight, such as pigtails or cornrows, can cause traction alopecia, a kind of hair loss. Hot-oil hair treatments and permanents can also cause hair loss.
Whom to consult for hair loss –
In order to properly diagnose and treat your hair loss, you may need to consult with a medical specialist who specializes in this area. Hair loss can be caused by a variety of different factors, including underlying health disorders. When you search for a ‘hair loss expert’ on the internet, you will be presented with an overwhelming number of individual hair loss specialist practitioners and clinics, some of whom may be self-proclaimed experts. Sagar hospital Bangalore has an expert team of dermatologists that ensure a permanent solution for hair loss problems. below are the health specialists you can visit in case of hair loss problems –
Dermatologist – The health of our hair is mostly dependent on the state of our scalp. And the scalp is nothing more than a piece of skin. Hairdressers can provide you with advice on how to deal with temporary hair loss. Still, only a dermatologist, trained to treat the skin and, therefore, the scalp, will determine what type of hair loss you have (either occasional or chronic, androgenetic or age-induced) and whether or not or not you need a medical hair loss treatment. If you have this problem, a dermatologist can also advise you on extra measures to manage it (such as using customized cosmetics or treating dietary supplements). Consult a dermatologist specializing in hair loss or a specialist specializing in female hair loss if you are experiencing hair loss. Also, while you’re waiting for your dermatology appointment, you should feel free to talk with your pharmacist or primary care physician for advice.
Hair loss is a typical reason for people to visit a dermatologist for treatment. Even though it is regarded as a benign disease, it can cause severe psychological anguish. As a result, you should get medical advice from a qualified expert as soon as possible. It is important to address the problem as quickly as possible in order to avoid further damage.
Endocrinologist – Endocrinologists can treat hair loss caused by hormonal abnormalities. This therapy should aid in the restoration of hormonal balance, as well as the resolution of hair loss caused by the imbalance.
Gynecologist – Female hair loss can be caused by a variety of underlying medical problems. Because gynecologists are a critical component of women’s healthcare, they will frequently provide diagnosis, treatment, and management of these disorders, often resulting in the resolution of the concomitant hair loss.
Benefits of consulting a doctor for hair loss – Hair loss physicians specialize in determining the core cause of hair loss and tell you why your hair loss is occurring and what you can do about it quickly and simply. They may also tell you what to expect from hair loss medicines and other treatments, as well as any potential adverse effects.
If your hair loss isn’t inherited, a hair loss specialist can help you figure out what’s causing it by doing one of many tests:
- Many hair loss physicians use a blood test to screen for diseases like thyroid dysfunction, which can cause hair thinning and loss.
- A scalp biopsy is another method used to detect health-related hair loss, and it can assist your hair loss specialist in identifying skin problems that might cause hair loss.
- A hair loss doctor may be able to arrange a serum DHT test for hereditary hair loss, which will identify the total quantity of hair loss-causing dihydrotestosterone in your system.
Medications, laser treatments, and surgical procedures are just a few possibilities for reducing the appearance of hair loss or restoring growth. You can fix an online and face-to-face appointment with the dermatologist associated with Sagar hospital Bangalore on credihealth.
Also Check: Which Doctor to consult for Back Pain
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Headache
Also Check: Which Doctor to Consult for Burning Feet
Also Check : Which Doctor to consult for Foreskin Problem
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Piles
Also Check: Which Doctor to Consult for Leg Swelling