Get in touch
What Food is Good for Brain Tumor Patients 2023 Updated
Among the most crucial organs in our body, the brain always tops. So, a tumor in the brain itself is a matter of concern for the victim as well as the doctor. But, due to the modifications in the medical arena in recent days, medications and treatments are available for defeating this gigantic disease. So, this article will give you the recommendation and food preferences from India’s top doctors for the patient having a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor – A life-risking disease
The growth of numerous abnormal cells all over the brain section is usually referred to as a brain tumor. Skull must be protected at any cost and the formation of unwanted cells there is harmful to the brain. The brain tumor grows at a fast pace ultimately leading to cancer. But, in many cases, the probability of cancer before the brain tumor isn’t that high. As brain tumor hampers the brain badly so life-risking matter comes up. To add on, the cells in the brain can be transmitted from cancer occurring in the breast as well as the lung. So, proper care is a must to monitor its extent and growth to seek the best medications.
What factors add to risks for the patient?
The top neurosurgeons and health experts of Fortis la femme Hospital, Bangalore, have put forward certain risks that can be highly dangerous for a patient having a brain tumor. These factors are as follows:
- Contact with Radiation – Exposure to high radiation might be the pathway of getting attacked with brain tumors. The fact that cancer patients are more likely to have this tumor is because of the radiation therapy that they have to go through. Even nuclear fallout results in coming in contact with radiation thus turning into a brain tumor.
- Risk for aged people – As the person gets older, the risk for brain tumors goes on increasing.
- Exposure to Chemicals – The harmful chemicals that a person encounters during work, might make the person prone to brain tumors. Therefore, chemicals in the place of industries must be checked from time to time.
- Family history follows – As family history becomes one of the reasons for catching brain tumors but just 5 to 10 percent of the victims are attacked that way. Thus, contact with a doctor can help you minimize the chance of a brain tumor.
Relief from Brain Tumor – It’s all about food
Well, “health is wealth” and it is the biggest asset that we carry on. So the patients suffering from the trauma of brain tumors must take their health into consideration and consume as healthy food as they can. Doctors of Fortis la femme hospital say that “nourishing food is something that our body wants at this time and providing that would help surely”. Here are some foods enlisted below that can boost you if you are suffering from a brain tumor.
The foods that can actively work for you are as follows:
- Yogurt – The immune system gets boosted once the patient consumes yogurt. It further implies that Vitamin D is reached to the body and the patient feels strong during the tough time. Just care must be taken to ignore the yogurts that contain sugar. This must be done to ensure that a healthy version of yogurt goes inside your stomach. However, a small touch of fruits and nuts can make the yogurt healthy too.
- Tea helps – There is no restriction on having tea. It is just that, any kind of tea is preferably good for a patient with a brain tumor. As tea helps in killing the damaged cells, your body becomes enough healthy to work effectively. To add on, tea can be easily substituted for coffee for people with brain tumors.
- Green vegetables- Undoubtedly, green leafy vegetables can give you that power that nothing else can. Therefore, intake of kale and spinach is always remembered by the tumor specialists too. Cooking them slightly or consuming them raw can work perfectly well to help you fight the disease.
- Broccoli – The best doctors in the country suggests that vitamins are found in broccoli in bulk amount. It has Vitamin A, C ,and E with it which makes it good for all diseases. One can add slices of lemon as well as black pepper to have the tastiest version of Broccoli.
- Turmeric – Consumption of turmeric is good as it develops a great immune system. Not only that, mixing that with milk and other vegetables can make you healthy.
- Healthy Drinks Helps – As the treatment of Brain Tumor affects the immune system completely, so intake of healthy drinks and smoothies can help the patient a lot. This further can create an impact and help the patient to recover at a fast pace.
All these foods can work well when it comes to curing a patient suffering from a brain tumor. These foods are the assurance of improvement during the time of brain tumor and can surely contribute to the development of healthy cells in the body.
Foods that should be avoided
As brain tumor affects the entire body to some extent, so care should be taken to avoid certain food that can affect the patient suffering from that disease. Some of those foods are enlisted below :
- Beetroot – Beetroot must be avoided for the person suffering from a brain tumor. It is because of the high vitamin intake that it carries.
- Spicy Foods – As spicy food can lead you to stomach ache, so intake of spicy food must be avoided at all costs. These foods can again make the person weak and add trouble.
Lastly, it can be said that food must be consumed wisely so that its result becomes impressive.
What can help you?
If there is an urgency to get the details about top hospitals for treating brain tumors then Credihealth is there for you. Just visit their website and seek assistance.
Also Check :Which Doctor to Consult for Stomach Pain
Also Read: Which Doctor to Consult for Mouth Ulcer
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Hair Fall
Also Check: Which Doctor to consult for Back Pain
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Headache
Also Check : Which Doctor to consult for Foreskin Problem
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Burning Feet
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Hernia
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Urinary problems
Also Check: Which doctor to consult for Breast Pain
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Breathing Problems
Also Check : Which Doctor to consult for Breast Discharge
Also Check : What Foods to Eat to Cure Fatty Liver
Also Check : How to Reduce Muscle Pain in Legs
Also Check : How to Get Rid of Constipation Fast at Home
Also Check : Stroke vs. Heart Attack What’s the Difference
Also Check : Is Back Pain a Symptom of Pregnancy
Also Check : How Much Pain During Normal Delivery
Also Check : What Are the First Signs of Kidney Stones
Also Check : Which type of Delivery is Best
Also Check : What Can cause Lower Back Pain in Women
Also Check: How Long Does Facial Plastic Surgery Last
Also Check : What are the most common causes of headaches?
Also Check : What are the Symptoms of Brain Tumor?
Also Check : Is Normal Delivery Possible with cord Around Neck
Also Check : What Could be the Complications during childbirth?
Also Check : What Causes Lower Abdominal Pain in Females
Also Check: How Stem Cells used in Treatment of Cancer
Also Check : How Can I Solve my Sleeping Problem
Also Check : What Does a Heart Attack Feel Like
Also Check: How Painful is Normal Delivery
Also Check : What Are the Stages of Cancer
Also Check : Are Breast Cancer Lumps Painful
Also Check : Different Types of Brain Tumors
Also Check : What is hernia disease? is Hernia Dangerous
Also Check :What Foods Help in Sleeping
Also Check : Best Food For Digestion Problems
Also Check : Root Canal vs Tooth Extraction Which is Better
Also Check : How to relieve Chest pain due to Stress
Also Check : How Long Does a Spinal Fusion Surgery Take
Also Check: Best Food for Constipation
Also Check : What are the common complications of kidney stones?
Also Check : Can Back Pain Indicate Kidney Stone
Also Check : What are the Signs of Gallbladder Cancer
Also Check : What are the Breastfeeding Effects of women
Also Check : What Complications During Pregnancy
Also Check : What Condition Paralysis Causes
Also Check : What Level of Eosinophils Indicate Cancer
Also Check : Different Types of Blood Cancer Treatments
Also Check : What is Difference Between Kidney Pain vs Back Pain
Also Check : How many people die from Heart Disease
Also Check : What Causes Sleep Paralysis
Also Check : Can Gastritis Cause Shortness of Breath
Also Check : How to Deal With mental Health During Pregnancy
Also Check : What type of headache indicates a Brain Tumor?
Also Check : What Causes Headaches During Pregnancy
Also Check : How to Diagnose Kidney Stones
Also Check : Why am i Having Trouble Sleeping
Also check : How does cough affect the condition of Lung Cancer
Also Check : What are the Signs of Infertility in Women
Also Check : What to Eat with Upset Stomach
Also Check : How to Prevent yourself from having Paralysis
Also Check : What are common Knee Injuries
Also Check : What to Expect after Chemotherapy for Lung Cancer
Also Check : How to Reduce Back Pain
Also Check : What Can Cause Lower Back Pain in a Woman
Also Check : Most Common Gynecological Cancer
Also Check : How to Stop Frequent Urination
Also Check : What are Side Effects of Plastic Surgery
Also Check : What is the Treatment for Lung Cancer
Also Check : Advanced treatment options for Hernia Repair
Also Check : What is the Best Medicine for Lower Back Pain