Get in touch
Can Gastritis Cause Shortness of Breath 2023 Updated
Gastritis is a painful stomach ailment in which the stomach lining swells, gets inflamed, or begins to dissolve altogether. Due to a large number of spices in our diet, gastroenteritis has become a regular occurrence among both children and adults in India. The current lifestyle of working at strange hours and eating at unusual hours, such as midnight spicy biryani, has a negative impact on the digestive tract. Gastritis issues, including inflammation, irritation, or erosion of the stomach lining, can arise quickly as a brief episode (acute) or gradually (chronic). It is estimated that half of the population suffers from gastroenteritis. As people become older, the condition becomes more prevalent. An individual with severe pain or discomfort due to gastritis can visit a gastroenterologist at Arka hospital.
Common causes of Gastritis – Various factors may cause damaged or weakened stomach lining to be damaged or weakened (mucosa). The gastritis difficulty can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Infection – Viruses and bacteria can multiply when you are sick with colds, flu, or other diseases. These flare-ups can be extremely harmful to the stomach lining. This form of gastritis usually goes away after the sickness, but most doctors believe that if you have had an infection that produced gastritis in the past, you are more likely to acquire one again in the future than someone who has never had one.
- Reflux – Acid reflux occurs when stomach acid flows back up through the esophagus. This is what most people imagine when they hear the word “reflux.” However, another sort of reflux is more closely connected with gastritis. This is referred to as bile reflux. Bile reflux occurs when the bile tract backflows and spills bile into the stomach rather than forcing it down the bile system. This can cause erosion of the inner lining and difficulty digesting meals.
- Anemia – Not all forms of anemia are the same, and not all forms of anemia are associated with gastritis. Pernicious anemia is the form of anemia that can lead to gastritis and develops when the stomach, for whatever cause, lacks the components required to absorb and digest vitamin B12. This causes a deficit, resulting in memory loss, reduction in cognitive function, reduced mobility, and other problems. Irritation may develop while the stomach struggles to digest.
- Helicobacter pylori – These bacteria dwell in the stomach lining, notably in the mucus, and can cause discomfort and ulcers. This bacteria is frequently caught up in adolescence and remains mainly undiscovered until it is present long enough to cause symptoms. In some cases, this might take decades. People who have H. Pylori infections should be concerned about gastritis and the fact that H. Pylori infections can develop into stomach cancer in some people.
Gastritis Symptoms – Gastritis symptoms differ from person to person. Severe gastritis may exist in the absence of symptoms. In contrast, significant gastrointestinal symptoms may occur despite small alterations in the stomach lining. However, some of the most prevalent symptoms are as follows:
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort (the most common symptom)
- Belching, which either does not reduce pain or only temporarily relieves it
- Vomiting and nausea – the level of stomach irritation determine the severity of the vomiting.
- Between meals or at night, you may have a burning or gnawing sensation in your stomach.
- An ache in the chest or severe stomach pain
- Bowel motions that are bloody or have a strong odor
Breathing issues due to gastritis problem –
One of the scarier symptoms of acid reflux and gastritis is difficulty breathing. Breathing problems, such as bronchospasm and aspiration, can be connected with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). These issues can occasionally result in potentially fatal respiratory consequences.
Shortness of breath, commonly known as dyspnea, occurs with GERD because stomach acid that sneaks into the esophagus can reach the lungs and cause swelling of the airways, especially during sleep. As a result, asthmatic responses may occur and aspiration pneumonia. This type of airway injury can impair breathing by producing coughing or wheezing.
If you feel short of breath or keep getting bouts of bronchitis due to gastritis issues, you need to see a gastro doctor near your area. You can visit the best gastroenterologist at Arka hospital for all types of digestive system-related treatment and surgery.
Patients with gastric issues may visit gastroenterologists at Arka hospital by booking an appointment on credihealth. Credihealth can help you to find more about a doctor’s credentials, experience, specializations, services, cost estimates, and hospitalization aid.
Also Check :Which Doctor to Consult for Stomach Pain
Also Read: Which Doctor to Consult for Mouth Ulcer
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Hair Fall
Also Check: Which Doctor to consult for Back Pain
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Headache
Also Check : Which Doctor to consult for Foreskin Problem
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Burning Feet
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Hernia
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Urinary problems
Also Check: Which doctor to consult for Breast Pain
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Breathing Problems
Also Check : Which Doctor to consult for Breast Discharge
Also Check : What Foods to Eat to Cure Fatty Liver
Also Check : How to Reduce Muscle Pain in Legs
Also Check : How to Get Rid of Constipation Fast at Home
Also Check : Stroke vs. Heart Attack What’s the Difference
Also Check : Is Back Pain a Symptom of Pregnancy
Also Check : How Much Pain During Normal Delivery
Also Check : What Are the First Signs of Kidney Stones
Also Check : Which type of Delivery is Best
Also Check : What Can cause Lower Back Pain in Women
Also Check: How Long Does Facial Plastic Surgery Last
Also Check : What are the most common causes of headaches?
Also Check : What are the Symptoms of Brain Tumor?
Also Check : Is Normal Delivery Possible with cord Around Neck
Also Check : What Could be the Complications during childbirth?
Also Check : What Causes Lower Abdominal Pain in Females
Also Check: How Stem Cells used in Treatment of Cancer
Also Check : How Can I Solve my Sleeping Problem
Also Check : What Does a Heart Attack Feel Like
Also Check: How Painful is Normal Delivery
Also Check : What Are the Stages of Cancer
Also Check : Are Breast Cancer Lumps Painful
Also Check : Different Types of Brain Tumors
Also Check : What is hernia disease? is Hernia Dangerous
Also Check :What Foods Help in Sleeping
Also Check : Best Food For Digestion Problems
Also Check : Root Canal vs Tooth Extraction Which is Better
Also Check : How to relieve Chest pain due to Stress
Also Check : How Long Does a Spinal Fusion Surgery Take
Also Check: Best Food for Constipation
Also Check : What are the common complications of kidney stones?
Also Check : Can Back Pain Indicate Kidney Stone
Also Check : What are the Signs of Gallbladder Cancer
Also Check : What are the Breastfeeding Effects of women
Also Check : What Complications During Pregnancy
Also Check : What Condition Paralysis Causes
Also Check : What Level of Eosinophils Indicate Cancer
Also Check : Different Types of Blood Cancer Treatments
Also Check : What is Difference Between Kidney Pain vs Back Pain
Also Check : How many people die from Heart Disease
Also Check : What Causes Sleep Paralysis