Get in touch
How to become an aeronautical engineer
Do you want to become an Aeronautical Engineer. If you are dreaming of becoming an aeronautical engineer, then this post will be very helpful for you. This article is very good for those people. Those who want to pursue a career in the field of Aeronautical Engineering.
In this post, we will explain in detail about Aeronautical Engineering course. Along with this, what is Aeronautical Engineering course fees. Which are in Aeronautical Engineering best college India. Which institute should do this course. What is Career Scope in Aeronautical Engineering. Aeronautical Engineering will give you complete information related to this. After reading this article, you will not need to read other posts to make a career in aeronautical.
If you want to pursue a career in the field of aeronautical engineering, then for this you have to pass 12th PCM with at least 50% marks. For this, you can make a career in this field by taking courses like BTech in Aeronautical Engineering, Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, Mechanical Engineering. Anyway, this sector is attracting the youth a lot in today’s time.
Aeronautical Engineering Career Scope
At present, aviation sector is in a lot of growth. Along with this, craze towards Aeronautical Engineering is also very much seen among the youth. You can work as an Aeronautical Engineer in the country as well as abroad. A skilled engineer in the field of Aeronautical Engineering is needed at all times. If you too have mastered this field by doing Aeronautical Engineering course, then you will not have difficulty in getting the job here. Aeronautical Engineering has opportunities in both private and government sectors.
Job Option in Aeronautical Engineering
Job opportunities in government sector-
National Aeronautical Laboratory
ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization)
Defense Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO)
Ministry of Defense, Government of India
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
Job opportunities in private sector or other sectors-
Flying ClubsPrivate AirlinesAirlineCorporationsAircraft ManufacturersAeronautical LaboratoriesAeronautical Development Establishments
Apart from this, some jobs are also offered by international government agencies like NASA, you can also make a career there. Many of the engineers and technical professionals working at NASA are Indians. Along with this, there are huge job opportunities for aeronautical engineers in countries like USA, France, UK and Germany.
What is Aeronautical Engineering?
Aeronautical Engineering consists of techniques for operating an aircraft or studying, designing and manufacturing flight-capable machines. In Aeronautical Engineering, students are trained in the construction, designing, testing and analysis of commercial or military aircraft, missiles and spacecrafts. Aeronautical Engineering also includes topics related to propulsion, materials science, avionics and aerodynamics. In addition, how to develop new technologies in commercial aviation, defense systems and space exploration in Aeronautical Engineering include such topics.
Qualification for Aeronautical Engineer
Students who want to pursue a career in Aeronautical Engineering must have passed at least 12th (PCM) Physics, Chemistry, Math. Such students can apply for the entrance exam for Aeronautical Engineering under BTech course. In which to apply for most of the entrance exams, you should have at least 60% marks in 12th. Apart from this, the students who are going to take the class 12 exams can also apply for this course.
For this, students should be between 17 and 25 years of age, only they can apply for tests. There is a provision to give age relaxation of 5 years to the candidates of reserved classes.
Aeronautical Engineer Work
Aeronautical Engineers work in the design, research and production of aircraft, aerospace equipment, spacecraft, satellites and missiles. Including research and development work, testing, parts assembly and maintenance work of aircraft and missiles. Also the impact of aircraft on Aeronautical Engineers environment, potential risks of new aircraft technologies and fuel efficiency related topics. Let’s study Aeronautical Engineer deals with the development and design of supersonic jets, helicopters, space shuttles, satellites and extraordinary technologies related to rocket search and selection.
Functions of Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical Engineer designs, develops and maintains aircraft. They work closely with Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and Flight Maintenance Teams.
List of Entrance and Best College in Aeronautical Engineering-
• The Indian Institute of Aeronautics (IIA) entrance exam
SILET Entrance Exam (SET)
All India Engineering / Architecture Entrance Exam (AIEEE)
• IISAT Admission Test (IIST, Thiruvananthapuram)
• Delhi University Combined Entrance Exam (CEE)
• JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) organized by IITs
• Hindustan University Entrance Exam (HITSEE)
SRM Engineering Entrance Exam (SRM EEE) Admissions
UP Polytechnic Aircraft Maintenance Entrance Exam
Entrance tests for ME / MTech
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
• Sathyabama University ME Entrance Exam
• Punjab Engineering College PhD Entrance Exam
The colleges participating in all these exams-
Guru Village Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Technology, Nagpur
• Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Technology, Gurgaon
• Engineers Training Center (ETC), Thrissur
• Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
Adhiyaman College of Engineering, Hosur
• Guru Nanak Engineering College, Hyderabad
• Flytech Aviation Academy, Secunderabad
• Hindustan University, Kelambakkam (Tamil Nadu)
• Hindustan Institute of Technology, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
Hindustan College of Engineering and Technology (HICET), Coimbatore
• Indian Institute for Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology, Pune (Maharashtra)
• Bharat Institute of Engineering and Technology (BIET), Hyderabad
• Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology (HIET), Chennai
• Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering, Bangalore (Karnataka)
• Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
Mohammad Seethak Engineering College, Ramanathapuram
• Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
• Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology (NIET), Coimbatore
• Nehru College of Engineering and Research Center, Thrissur
• Jain University, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Karpagam Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
• Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
• MLR Institute and Technology, Hyderabad
• Jaya Engineering College, Thiruvallur
• MVJ Engineering College, Bangalore
• MNR College of Engineering, Hyderabad
• Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
Park College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore
• Sai Flytech Aviation Private Limited, Bilaspur
• Indian Institute of Science (IIS), Bangalore
• VSM Institute of Aerospace Engineering and Technology, Bangalore
● Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology
● IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Mumbai
• School of Aeronautics, Dwarka (Gujarat)
• Siddharth Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology, Bangalore (Karnataka)
• Sathyabama University, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
• RVS (Ratnavel Subrahmanyam) College of Engineering and Technology
• Tagore Engineering College (TEC), Chennai
• Vell Tech Engineering College, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
• Rajasthan Institute of Technology and Engineering Science, Kota
• Institute and Information Technology and Management Aeronautical Engineering Training Academy, Pune (Maharashtra)
In this, questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. These questions are objective type and students have to answer correctly out of 4 options given with each question. The duration of this examination is 3 hours.
How to apply for entrance test-
You can submit the form online or offline by visiting the university or college website. At present, most of the exams have to be applied online nowadays.
Apart from this, UP Polytechnic also conducts exams for Diploma Course in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering.
Although, today, many such private institutes are offering BTech and diploma courses in Aeronautical Engineering, but after doing a course in such institute, jobs will be available, not necessary. Before taking admission in any private institute, do a thorough investigation.