Get in touch
Why is pork prohibited in Islam?
The meat of pig is considered ‘haram’ in the Quran, the holy book of Muslims. Which most people avoid by calling it superstitious. But let me tell you that the people who wrote Puranas and texts were very knowledgeable and this is the reason why they did not write anything without reason.
There are some reasons behind eating pork, knowing that you will never eat pork. So let us tell you why it is forbidden to eat pork.
We all are well aware that pig is a dirty animal. The boar can often be seen sitting in the mud. You probably know that pigs eat most of their food from mud, in which they eat feces and rotten food. A pig is an animal that eats its feces as well. In such a situation, a large amount of bacteria accumulate in the body of the pig. In an adult boar, such quantity of venom collects that the effect of snake venom also stops on it.
“He has forbade you only dead animals, blood, pork,…….and all that bears the name of someone other than God……but if anyone has compulsion, without desire and without exceeding limits, that But there is no sin. God is truly Merciful and Forgiving.”
— Al-Quran [5:3]
Apart from the Qur’an, eating pork is forbidden in the Bible as well. [The Book of Leviticus, Deuteronomy and Izea]
What’s wrong with eating pork?
Pigs are opportunistic animals. He eats whatever he gets. Be it trees and plants, rotting flesh of dead animals or even feces. You can say that in developed countries pigs are reared in clean places. But still there is a possibility of them eating each other’s feces.
- Scientific research has shown links between eating pork and the occurrence of many diseases.
- A human can have an influx of microscopic insects. Such as pin-worm, hook-worm, round-worm. These insects remain even after the meat is cooked properly.
- Apart from this, there is also a very dangerous worm like Taenia solium, which can enter your body due to eating pork. It is also called pork-tapeworm. The intestinal infection caused by this is called taeniasis. A pig or a human who has this worm may have eggs in its feces, which also pollute the environment. The pig eats the feces. Therefore, there is a possibility of their being found in pigs.
- This worm lays eggs in the intestines, which can also go to different parts of the body by flowing in the blood. If it goes to the brain, memory can be lost or epileptic seizures can occur. If it goes to the heart, then a heart attack can come. If it gets into the eye, it can cause blindness.
Apart from insects, now let’s talk about the nutrients in pork.
- Pork tenderloin is the tenderest found on the backbone of pork, and contains about 75 percent protein and 25 percent fat. But up to 78 percent of pork taken from elsewhere can only contain fat. It can cause a heart attack in your blood vessels.
- The fat found in pork is saturated fat, which can lead to high cholesterol and heart disease.
The pig needs a lot of water to drink. A female pig feeding a young cub drinks 30 liters of water in a day, while a grown male pig also drinks 18 liters of water in a day. Where the religion of Islam originated, there was little water. This may also be one of the reasons why it is forbidden to raise pigs for meat.