Get in touch
What is the future of content marketing in 2022 Updated
Content marketing is a marketing strategy used to publish, advertise, and distribute content to customers. Traditional marketing is becoming less effective nowadays with the popularity of other means of marketing strategy. Content marketing is mainly carried out in order to
- Increase online sales
- Introduce about brands, products, and services to customers
- Cost savings
Content marketing is a marketing strategy which involves creation and distribution of content to attract users. Its main objective is to create content so that users find it relevant. It is widely used in advertising or marketing. Content should be relevant and valuable for audience. It uses blogs, podcasts, videos and social media sites to attract customers.
According to content marketing institute, content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience and ultimately to drive a profitable customer action.
Reason to use content marketing
The key reasons to use content marketing are
- Better customer traffic
- Increase sale
- Cost effective
- Increase brand awareness
- Increase brand preference
Content marketing builds businesses
Actually people need valuable information instead of advertisements so this is what a content marketing will provide them. Promoting your brand on online social networking sites exposes you to a larger audience which in turn forms a chain if the content you posted is shared by a user on his profile. You must make sure that the content that you have posted is relevant from customer’s point of view to get a good hold on customer’s interest.
Google uses a technique that ranks your ranks your content. The better ranking contents are displayed on top results after a search is made on Google and similarly poor ranking contents are pushed downwards and are generally ignored by searchers. Hence you must make sure that the content you are posting has these key points
- Originality : The content shouldn’t have been copied from other similar sites
- User relevant: Customers have a lot of option when it comes to online search as there are a lot of companies who are providing similar product and services. So using contents specific to user requirements increases your popularity.
- Use of pictures and videos: Pictures and videos attract more users as they are easy to eyes and hence preferred by users or customers.
Content marketing and SEO
Without content SEOs will have nothing to optimize for search engines. Hence contents are very important. Content should be created in such a way that it attracts more users and increases SEO and hence the ranking of the site. The following features helps in making a good content:
- Use keyword: Content should be rich in main keyword, meta keyword, and synonyms.
- Inbound and outbound links: Links to your sites and popular selling items should be added in the content to attract more customers.
- Media: audio, video, and image should be used in order to better convey to user.
- Content should be relevant, user friendly with good SEO ranking.
Content Marketing in Business and E-Commerce
If you are providing a service to a user then content marketing helps you to position yourself in front of the customer for other services that you are offering. This is good for B2B companies. But what about E-Commerce industries? It is similar to B2B Business. A good site attracts a larger audience as compared to a similar site having fewer contents. Hence E-Commerce industries can also benefit from a good content.
Pros and Cons of Content Marketing:
- Better chance for exposure: Your business is exposed to a large section of people hence increases the chance to get more customers.
- You become a source of reliable information: Regular updates makes of relevant information makes you a reliable source of information to customers and makes you a trusted marketer.
- Attracting relevant and long term clients: A good content not only exposes you to a relevant set of clients but makes you a trusted client for a long term relationship.
- Increases the conversion rate: It can increase your customer conversion by giving relevant information.
- Different medium : Content can be reused in different mediums hence extending the life of your content.
- Requires Effort: A great effort is required for writing good and relevant content.
- Requires patience: Content marketing requires a lot of patience
- Difficult task: Updating the content on regular basis requires a lot of effort and is a very tedious task to keep the clients updated to the latest changes.
Hence I can conclude that Content Marketing has a great scope in near future.