Get in touch
Treatment for Kidney and Bladder Cancer in Kolkata
The disease is caused by abnormal growth of cells in the Kidney. Kidney, in medical terms, is known as the powerhouse of cancer in our body. Of these, the most dexterous ones are renal cell cancer and transitional cell carcinoma. Both of these start affecting the inner lining of the kidney. The top Nephrologists in Kolkata insist on acquiring the knowledge about cancer in detail. This will help in understanding the stage, prognosis, and treatment of the kindled of these diseases.
Different Causes of Kidney Cancer
Upon a detailed study of the factors that might forego the infection and the effects of such infection, the specialist Nephrologists in Kolkata pointed out the few following causes for Kidney tumors. These include:
- High range of smoking for a prolonged period
- Organizing dialysis for the longer term and in quick frequencies
- Contact with products having a high percentage of chemicals like asbestos.
Symptoms of the disease
Upon research of various causes for the disease, doctors are able to trace the following symptoms for Kidney Cancer. These include:
- Loss of appetite
- Instant weight loss
- High-temperature fever
- Lower Back Pain
- The occurrence of blood in the urine
- Swelling in leg and ankle
- High blood pressure
- The occurrence of lumps in the abdomen
In cases of renal cancer, the specialist Nephrologists in Kolkata recommend kidney surgery only. This surgery is performed for the removal of cancer within the kidney along with certain infected tissues around it. When one kidney is observed to be removed earlier, then another method called partial Nephrectomy is recommended. This method helps in preventing loss of kidney function.
Bladder cancer is seen to occur in the cells that are lying in the inside wall of the bladder. These types of cancer occur more frequently in old aged people. Yet, people from other age groups are also seen to be affected by the disease
Having passed through the needled research, the specialist Nephrologists in Kolkata could trace causes that could be enumerated as under
- Smoking: In the cases of Gallbladder Cancer, smoking plays a crucial role
- Exposure to chemicals: Continuously being in touch with detrimental organic chemicals increases the risk of bladder cancer. Therefore, people working in rubber and leather processing, hair coloring, paints, and printing industries have more chances to get bladder cancer
- Chronic bladder infection: This involves Repeated bladder infections, bladder stones, and other urinary tract infections that increase the risk of developing cancer.
- Diet: High intake of fried junk food and animal fats enhances the chances of fuming with bladder cancer
- Recurring: The disease is seen to come back at various times in life.
- Targeted Therapy: The targeted therapy for bladder cancer makes an inevitable inclusion of erdafitinib. The Erdafitinib is a drug meant for oral consumption. Yet, it enjoys the approval to treat people with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma with FGFR3 or FGFR2 genetic mutations after receiving for platinum chemotherapy. There exists a specific FDA-approved companion test. It helps in finding out the benefitted persons from this treatment.
- Radiation Therapy: Radiation therapy is commonly not used as a primary treatment for bladder cancer. However, depending on the gravity of the disease, doctors may recommend this in combination with chemotherapy. There are people who cannot receive chemotherapy are expected to have the physical strength to receive radiation therapy. alone. The Combination of radiation therapy and chemotherapy may also be used to treat cancer in the bladder to facilitate the following options :
- To destroy the cancer cells that may remain after TURBT. Therefore, no bladder will be involved
- To relieve symptoms caused by a tumor, in the form of pain, bleeding, or blockage.
- To treat a metastasis located in isolated areas like the brain or bone.
- To find the best Nephrologist in Kolkata, get free medical assistance on 8010-994-994 from the Credihealth Medical Experts.