Get in touch
Cardiologists in Medanta Gurgaon – Book An Appointment
Heart disease is the result of a range of conditions that affect a person’s heart that include blood vessel diseases, such as coronary artery disease; heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias); and heart defects a person is born with (congenital heart defects), and many others. The term heart disease is often used interchangeably with the term “cardiovascular disease”, which refers to conditions that involve narrowed or blocked blood vessels, which leads to heart attack, chest pain (angina) or stroke. Many forms of cardiovascular disease can be prevented or treated with healthy lifestyle and living. For any heart problem, contact Cardiologists in Medanta Gurgaon who is renowned to provide best medical treatment at a feasible cost. Now, let’s look into the causes, symptoms and preventions related to cardiovascular diseases to keep ourselves updated and use it when the time comes.
Book Appointment With Cardiologist in Medanta Hospital Gurgaon at this no – 8010994994
Symptoms of Cardiovascular Disease:
Symptoms of cardiovascular disease may be different in men and women. For instance, more are more prone to chest pain; whereas, women are more likely to have other signs along with chest discomfort, shortness of breath, nausea and extreme fatigue. Common symptoms include-
- Chest pain, chest pressure, chest tightness and chest discomfort (angina).
- Shortness of breath.
- Pain, weakness, numbness or coldness in the legs or arms
- Due to narrowed blood vessels in those parts of the body.
- Pain in the neck, throat, upper abdomen or back and jaw.
A person is diagnosed with cardiovascular disease until he has a heart attack, angina, stroke or heart failure. Heart diseases can sometimes be traced early with regular evaluations and checkups.
Causes of Cardiovascular Disease:
The causes that results to heart disease vary by type of heart disease a person is diagnosed with. Different heart or blood vessel problems can refer to cardiovascular disease, but the term is often used to mean damage to a person’s heart or blood vessels by atherosclerosis that is a buildup or formation of fatty plaques in a person’s arteries. The formation or buildup of this plaque thickens and stiffens artery walls that can inhibit blood flow through his arteries to his organs and tissues. Cardiologists in Medanta Gurgaon is experts with years of experience.
Atherosclerosis is one of the most common causes of heart disease that can be caused by correctable problems like an unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, being overweight and smoking. The common causes behind cardiovascular disease are as follows-
Causes of Heart Arrhythmia:
- Congenital heart defects
- Coronary heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes, smoking and excessive use of alcohol or caffeine.
- Valvular heart disease, etc.
Causes of Congenital Heart Defects:
Congenital heart defects occur in a baby as the heart develops, about a month later after conception, which changes the flow of blood in the heart. Even some medical conditions, medications and genes may be the reason behind the development of a heart defect.
Causes of Cardiomyopathy:
The cause of cardiomyopathy, which is a thickening or enlarging of the heart muscle, may depend on the type-
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy, which is caused by reduced blood flow to the heart.
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, which is usually inherited or may develop because pg high blood pressure or aging.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy, which has no known reason of causing heart disease, but may be caused by diseases, like connective tissue disorders, excessive iron formation in the body, buildup of abnormal proteins or by some cancer treatments.
Causes of Heart Infection:
When an irritant, such as a bacterium, virus or chemical reaches the heart muscle, cause a heart infection, such as endocarditis. For treatment of any heart disease, contact Cardiologists in Medanta Gurgaon.
Treatments For Heart Disease:
Treatments for heart disease vary by condition. For example, if a person has a heart infection, then it is likely that he will be given antibiotics for healing the infection. But, in general, treatment for heart disease include-
- Changes in Lifestyle that include eating a low fat and low sodium diet, at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise on most days of the week, quitting smoking and limiting alcohol consumption.
- Medication is prescribed along with lifestyle changes that depend on the type of heart disease a person is suffering from.
- Medical procedures or surgeries when medications are no longer able to control the heart problem or disease.
For more information on Cardiologists in Medanta Gurgaon, please contact Credihealth, a trusted healthcare service provider.