Brain cancer is one of the most severe cancers observed in the Indian population. This cancer can arise from many different types of brain cells, occurring in the other part of the body. In addition, brain cancer can indicate which cells are causing the tumor. The major symptoms often include weakness, seizures, headaches, and difficulty in walking and sleeping. The number of cancer patients is increasing day by day. However, it is challenging to find the right hospital for the treatment. Therefore Kokilaben Hospital Mumbai– gives the best treatment for brain cancer surgery. Being diagnosed with cancer can make you feel uneasy, but it is essential to know the necessary test the doctor may ask you to run.
Why Kokilaben Hospital?
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital Mumbai is a prestigious hospital that provides the best treatment. Furthermore, they have a capacity of 750 beds. The hospital is located in Andheri West, Mumbai, and holds global standards for treatment. The staff at the hospital follow a gentle approach through the treatment. KDAH is famous for the surgery treatment they provide, which includes spinal surgery and brain surgery. The hospital has the newest technology and advanced newest technology. Kokilaben Hospital is considered the center of excellence for the treatment of cancer.
Test for Brain Cancer
- Physical examination: In the physical examination, the doctor will check strength, vision, eye and mouth movement. A neurosurgeon will lead the further examination to specify major symptoms and treatment plans.
- Imaging tests: Imaging test is used to create pictures of the brain, magnetic resonance imaging is used during the examination. Doctors will suggest an MRI to detect the exact location of the tumor.
- Computed tomography (CT) scan: In some cases, when the tumor is expanding, the doctors will recommend a CT scan of the brain. In addition, a CT scan helps the experts to understand the basic outline of brain cancer.
- Brain tumor biopsy: Sometimes, it’s challenging to understand the type of tumor. Therefore the doctors will recommend a brain tumor biopsy. Furthermore, the biopsy helps in detecting the exact type of tumor and removing cancer.
- Blood and urine tests: it is very rare to take blood or urine tests for brain cancer; however, doctors will recommend checking if other parts of the organ are affected by any health problem.
- Chemotherapy: It is used to stop the growth of the cancer cells in the body. The doctor will suggest certain drugs during the treatment of brain cancer. Chemotherapy is used in brain, spinal, pediatric cancer treatment.
Treatment for Brain Cancer at KDAH
Kokilaben Hospital has a dedicated team of health experts, oncologists, radiation, and pediatric oncologist for cancer/tumor surgery. The hospital is well known for providing the best treatment for brain cancer. Best treatments at the hospital include:
- Intra Operative MRI system (IMRIS): One of the best services and technology at the hospital, which serves as a resilient facility for the patient. IMRIS is used to detect residual tumors during the entire treatment plan. In addition, it helps in achieving maximum safe resection of tumors.
- MEP Motor Evoked Potentials: It is a technology used as an operative technique, and MEP is the only technology available in the city.
- Somatosensory Evoked Potentials (SSEP): It is used to assess the basic functioning of the patient’s spinal cord during surgery.
- Radiation Therapy: One of the most common therapies used to treat brain cancer, it helps in killing the cells causing cancer.
- Awake Surgery: This surgery is performed when the patient is awake and alert during the procedure. In addition, doctors at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital Mumbai are highly qualified and well trained for the treatment.
- Neurologic exam: An evaluation of the nervous system is taken to determine cancer flow within the different parts of the body. The healthcare expert will recommend a neuro exam to check if cancer or tumor affected the part of the organs.
Brain cancer can be life-threatening if not treated with time. However, the signs and symptoms appear slowly. In case of your signs and symptoms, seek immediate expert advice for the same. A sudden, painful headache, vomiting, nausea, and inability to walk and sleep are the major symptoms of brain cancer. Therefore it is necessary to follow routine check-ups and examinations. These follow-ups will help you to monitor your condition and health problems.
How Credihealth helps you-
Diagnosing brain cancer can make you feel uneasy, and however, ignoring the signs and symptoms can be life-threatening. Therefore seek immediate treatment for the brain cancer. Credihealth helps you to consult with the doctor along with a health package for your treatment. Kokilaben Hospital Mumbai has the best team and technology for brain cancer treatment. You can call on +91 8010-994-994 and book a consultation with the oncologist at the hospital.