The burning and inflammation feeling during sore throat hinders you from having your favorites. You may find it difficult to treat your throat immediately. Although it may take time, you can consider drinking or eating soothing eatables that may help you with the best remedies ever. If you or anyone you know is going through adverse throat issues, you can consider talking to the experts of Aster RV Hospital Bangalore.
What to recommend when you have a sore throat?
A sore throat often creates issues and makes you have choices between your favorite meals. When you have a sore throat, you may eat the things that you can swallow easily and don’t hurt your throat more. In such a case, the soft texture of the food will help you avoid irritation and bring a soothing effect. You can have warm beverages and food that may help you with the long-lasting effects.
The list of foods that you can recommend while you are going through sore throat:
- Warm and boiled pasta including macaroni and cheese
- Gelatin desserts
- Completely cooked and light vegetables
- Boiled vegetables and the mixture of vegetables
- Plain yogurt
- smoothies/ shakes of rich fruits
- Vegetable juice like carrot and tomato
- Mashed potatoes
- Light and not so warm- Chicken soup/tomato soup/corn soup
- Lukewarm milk or water
- Non Acidic juices like apple juice, mixed juice, pomegranate juice, and soothing shakes like mango shake
- Hard-boiled eggs
Eating and drinking food items that may help you with complete nourishment without further irritating your throat can help you recover faster. You can depend on the different variations of juices, shakes, or even soups.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate juice helps to soothe and reduce infections from the throat. It is a helping hand in reducing inflammation and giving you the time to recover. You can make a glass of juice with the addition of fewer spices to it. If you want it to taste better, you can add a pinch of salt and a half spoon of sugar to it.
- Bananas: Bananas are ultra-soft fruits that help to soothe anything including throat infection, stomach issues, and pain, and complete the availability of calcium especially if you have bone-related issues. It is one of the most gentle fruits that comes with no harm in any way.
- Apples: Apples are good for health no matter whether you are staying in hospital or having a bad time coping with your health issues. You can easily rely on apples or any form of their juices mixed with other fruits or berries to add taste to it.
What not to recommend while you are going through sore throat infections?
You should avoid food that may irritate your throat and make it difficult to swallow things. You can distance yourself from the following foods:
- spicy seasonings and sauces
- Beverages like coffee, and extreme hot or strong tea
- Dry snacks like chips, spicy soya, popcorn, potato fingers, unhealthy street food like momos, spicy chow mein, etc
- acidic fruits, such as oranges, lemons, and grapefruits
In certain cases, dairy products may help you thicken the mucus and clear the throat at later times. This may help you with your throat clearance and may help you better while you are going through after-winter effects.
What are the best homemade remedies while you are going through throat infections?
The first and most effective or cheap remedy that may help you with a sore throat is to gargle your throat with a lukewarm salt water solution. You can add one spoon of salt to at least one glass of water that is a little warm but not boiled. Stir the salt into the water and sip it, gargle it, move it into your mouth and then throw it. Make sure you do not swallow the water with which you are gargling.
Herbal Treatments: there are many sprays and herbal food that are specially made for people who often go through sore throat infections and are easily available in markets. This may include tulsi drops, herbal teas, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, dry basil leaves, and others. These remedies may help you with your:
- Throat allergies
- Can help you more while interacting with your medicines
- Tends to produce fewer side effects
- Help to soothe your throat with no additional cost
- If you have a basil plant in your house or a farm of fruits, you are better to go with these options
If you are not sure about taking the herbals at home, you can connect with your doctor. Also, if you are pregnant and afraid of using any medicinal herb you can connect with your doctor and can have the best remedies.
When is the right time to call your doctor?
If your throat pain doesn’t go away and you feel like you are getting more infected by the viral inflammation. These infections can produce bacterial infections or viral infections in your body. If you are going through any bacterial infection you can talk to your doctor, who may recommend you the right antibiotic. Antibiotics may not help you treat throat infection but they are effective in reducing the inflammation because of bacterial growth.
Sore throats often take place because of environmental factors like seasonal allergies, excessive use of alcohol or cigarettes, dry or polluted air or workplace, etc. People who possess the habit of snoring can easily adapt to a sore throat because of the entry of bacteria or insects.
You can see your doctor if you have:
- Unbearable pain because of sore throat
- Difficulty in swallowing food or even smoothies that may tend to help you
- If you are accompanied by fever or internal rash
- unexplained pain or joint aches
Also, you should see your doctor if you have had a sore throat for more than one week. You may require to pay attention to your symptoms to help your doctor to advise you on better medicine. Despite this, the best remedy is to keep your body fit with exercise and maintain hydration. You can drink a minimum of 6 or 8 glasses of water and a maximum of 12 glasses of water per day. This may help you reduce any kind of infection from your body through urination.