Get in touch
What is a cochlear implant, can deafness be cured by cochlear implant surgery
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), about 46.6 million people worldwide have hearing loss or deafness. There are many different causes of deafness. It can be a part of the aging process or it can also be due to weak ear veins, loud noises, ear infections, effects of toxins or injury.
Some types of deafness can be cured. YES deafness can be cured by surgery, But most of them cannot be cured and we should be careful in stopping that. People who are carrying the burden of hearing impaired machines in the state of deafness will soon get relief. Micro devices of listening are now being manufactured in the world, which can be rid of all the mess by implanting them in the body.
What is a cochlear implant
The Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted into the inside of the ear and operated with a device placed outside the ear. It is used to correct the inability to hear sounds. This procedure is called cochlear implant surgery.
Along with this, it is used in the situation when all the treatments that better listen to the voice fail. The cocklear implant is not a listening machine that helps in hearing the sound faster, rather it directly affects the hearing nerves present in the person’s body, thereby resolving hearing problems.
The cochlear implant is used to treat deafness due to cochlea malfunction. The inner part of the ear is called the cochlea. Its shape is like shell (armor) of snail (snail).
The cochlea contains thousands of hair-shaped cells, called stereocilia. Stereocilia acquire sound waves and convert them into electrical signals. These electrical signals are subsequently received by the auditory nerves, which carry the message to the brain, which perceives that sound.
The cochlear implant device consists of some parts, which are as follows-
Microphone: This is the exterior of the cochlear device. It accepts the outside sound and sends it to the speech processor.
Speech processor: It receives sound from microphone and converts it into digital signal. He then sends these singnals to the transmitter.
Transmitter: The cochlear device sends the signal to the receiver, which is placed inside the skin.
Receiver: The cochlear device ensures how much current must pass through the eletrodes. The amount of current depends on the sound of the sound.
Eletrodus: It receives the cingal from the receiver and triggers the audio nerves (auditory nerve) present in the cochlea, which carries the cingle to the brain from where it perceives the sound.
What are the symptoms of cochlear implant surgery?
Although a cochlear implant can be performed in both children and adults, it does not necessarily prove favorable for all hearing impaired people.
Cochlear implant surgery for children and adults is selected in various ways, but it depends on the general principle, the important points of which are as follows:
A person who is deaf or hearing is very low and with this he has not benefited from the ear machine. If a person starts hearing better using an ear machine, he is not advised to undergo cochlear implant surgery. A cocklear can undergo implant surgery to a person who is either deaf from birth or has become deaf during a speaking situation and does not have any medical conditions that make this surgery dangerous for him. If a person is suffering from a problem of deafness, then these days doctors are advising him to have cochlear implant surgery as the deafness can also happen to his future generation.
How is cochlear implant surgery done?
If any person fulfills the above pricing, then cochlear implant surgery is done.
Cochlear implant surgery involves the following points:
Step 1: Initial tests of cochlear implant surgery are performed by the audiologist while the patient is taken to the operation theater to ensure that the electrodes are functioning more efficiently.
Step 2: The cochlear implant surgery takes about 60-75 minutes and anesthesia is given to the patient so that he does not feel any pain. After this, the hair behind his ear is shaved, so that this process can be done easily.
Step 3: The surgeon makes a cut behind the patient’s ear and pierces through the mastoid bone (part of the skull’s temporal bone). Electrodes are inserted into the cochlea through this hole.
Step 4: Pocket is made in the back of the ear, in which the receiver is placed. This helps to secure the pocket receiver. The hole is then closed with melting stitches.
Step 5: About a month after this surgery, external devices such as microphones, speech processors and transmitters are placed outside the ear.
Step 6: The team of experts tells the patient how to take care of the implant and how to listen to the sound through it.
What are the primary types of deafness?
Before we read further, we must know the types of deafness. There are 3 primary types of deafness.
Sensorineural Hearing Loss
Conductive Hearing Loss
Mixed Hearing Loss
What are the common causes of deafness?
- Deafness is the most common cause due to increasing age.
- Constantly exposed to loud noises (eg listening to high amounts of music, noise pollution or work-related noise)
- Various health conditions, such as heart disease or diabetes
- Side effects of some medications, such as aspirin and some antibiotics
- Deafness due to genetics
Let us understand the reasons better, so that we can take precautions.
As we get older our body parts also get older. Our organs lose the ability to function at 100% efficiency. There are thousands of tiny delicate hairs in our inner ear, these hair cells convert sound into signals that are transmitted to our brain with the help of auditory nerves. Due to our growing age, hair cells and veins become weak, this reduces the hearing ability of our ears. This type of deafness is called sensory deafness.
Although deafness is not under our control due to aging, we can take precautions so that the speed of hearing loss slows down.
15 easy ways to overcome deafness
When the air in the ear stops the sound sources, the person starts complaining of deafness. In this disease, the hearing ability is reduced or completely eliminated. There are three types of deafness. Loud listening, hard listening and not listening at all. Older and older deafness is incurable. That is, it is very difficult to fix.
Due to swelling and abscess in the middle or inner part of the ear or due to loss of fauna in the ears, deafness can occur. Deafness is also possible as a result of many diseases, such as measles, typhoid, mumps, syphilis, etc. Deafness is also genetic, which starts appearing in a child after four to six months. If there is water in the ear or ear is running, then deafness occurs due to not treating it. Due to any shock, severe explosions or explosions can also cause deafness.
When the child is not able to speak even normal words like mother and father after the age of one-and-a-half years, an ear specialist ie ENT doctor must have a check for deafness in the child, because often the child does not speak due to deafness. Neither can anyone react.
* It is beneficial to put pure mustard oil in the ears once a week by lukewarm. It removes deafness.
* Take equal quantity of fresh radish juice, mustard oil and honey and mix well. Putting two to four drops in the ear four times a day increases hearing power.
* In case of deafness, regularly extract the juice of basil leaves and heat it lightly and put in the ear.
Eating dry gourd, jaggery and ghee helps in hearing less and also stops the sound of the ears.
* Putting 4-5 drops of mustard oil in the ear reduces the complaints of hearing loss.
* Mix a little salt in ginger juice and honey and put 2-4 drops in the ear, it will definitely benefit.
* In case of deafness, regularly put cinnamon oil in your ears at night. Will benefit in a few days.
* 3-4 cloves of garlic crushed, one tablespoon of olive oil and half a teaspoon of onion juice. Put olive oil in a cup, add onion juice and garlic buds and mix it well. Put 3-4 drops of this mixture in both ears and cover it with cotton.
* Putting a few drops of walnuts or bitter almond oil in the ear also increases the ability to hear.
* Mixing a little asafetida in milk and putting a few drops in the ear is beneficial.
* One teaspoon of dry ginger mixed in 25 grams of jaggery and taking it regularly for about four months is useful to cure deafness.
* Drink twice a day by mixing one teaspoon apple vinegar and one teaspoon honey in a glass of warm water, this will increase hearing ability.
Cook some coriander seeds in mustard oil. When half left, then filter it and put two drops in the ear. would benefit.
* Put finely powdered icing in the ear, pouring 5-6 drops of lemon juice over it will produce gas within the ear and the dirt will swell out. This will clear the ears and start listening.