Get in touch
What Causes Bladder Pain Without Infection 2023 Updated
Bladder pain is a type of discomfort that arises from the urine bladder and presents as pain in the lower abdomen, lower back, or groin. The bladder is a hollow, elastic, and muscular organ that collects and stores urine from the kidneys before urinating it out. A variety of bladder issues can cause pain. Infection in the urinary tract is one of the most common issues but not the only one. Other conditions like Interstitial cystitis, bladder cancer, etc., can cause bladder pain without infection. This article will help you discover what causes bladder pain without infection in detail and ways to treat it. If your bladder issues are severe, you can consult a nephrologist.
What are various causes of Bladder pain?
Bladder discomfort can indicate anything from a small infection to a life-threatening illness such as cancer. Symptoms might range from lower-abdominal pain to burning when urinating. There are numerous listed below causes that cause bladder pain.
- Interstitial cystitis, often known as painful bladder syndrome, is a persistent illness that causes painful urination or bladder discomfort with no obvious cause.
- Bladder cancer is defined as the abnormal development of cells in the muscles, bladder lining, or bladder tissue’s deepest layer. Changes in the reproductive system, such as thinning the vaginal skin, may occur due to menopause.
- Prostatitis is a condition in which the prostate gland enlarges and presses on the urethra, producing discomfort and urine issues.
- Dehydration may also cause bladder pain. You may not need to pee as much if you don’t drink enough water, so urine remains in your bladder for longer, and germs develop there.
- Bladder stones occur when the body’s surplus minerals concentrate and solidify, forming stones in the urine.
- Diabetes is also linked with bladder discomfort. If your urine contains more sugar than normal, germs in your bladder and urethra may multiply.
- Stricture of the urethra (urethra’s narrowing)
- Trauma or injury
- Endometriosis is a kind of endometriosis that affect (abnormal growth of tissue on the uterus)
- Defects that are present at birth
- Disorders of the bowels
What are common symptoms related to bladder pain?
There are many ways via which bladder pain occurs/is felt.
- Frequent urination: Urination is more often than normal, particularly in the middle of the night.
- Pelvic pain or pressure: Pelvic discomfort or pressure can be abrupt or develop over time and can range from a mild ache to a strong stabbing pain. When you have interstitial cystitis, the discomfort increases as the bladder fills up, then goes away once you urinate.
- Urgent desire to urinate – even when the bladder is not full, there is a need to urinate, which is difficult to control.
- Pain with sexual intercourse (dyspareunia)
What are various diagnostic options to detect the cause of bladder pain?
A physical examination is conducted once your doctor has reviewed your medical history and symptoms. Your doctor may recommend the following diagnostic tests to detect the actual cause of bladder pain:
- Urine analysis: Urine samples will be obtained and analyzed for the presence of RBCs, infection, or other abnormalities.
- Cystoscopy: Cystoscopy is a procedure in which a long, flexible camera is inserted via the urethra into the bladder to visually look for symptoms of irritation, tumors, stones, or other abnormalities that cause discomfort.
- Ultrasound: This procedure employs high-frequency sound waves to create pictures of the bladder tissues and contents.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan: A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan produces pictures of the soft tissues and ligaments using radio waves and a high magnetic field.
- CT Scan: This scan produces comprehensive cross-sectional pictures of the bladder by combining several x-rays.
- Retrograde urethrography: Retrograde urethrography is a treatment that involves injecting an X-ray dye into the urethra to examine for scar tissue or signs of damage.
What are the various treatment options available for treating bladder pain?
There is no straightforward therapy for bladder pain that relieves pain, and no treatment works for everyone. Before your doctor can discover an approach that relieves your pain, he or she may need to attempt a variety of therapies or combinations of treatments. Treatment options for bladder discomfort vary depending on the underlying reason and may include:
- Medications: To treat the bacterial infection and reduce bladder discomfort, your doctor may prescribe a combination of antibiotics such as nitrofurantoin, amoxicillin, and ciprofloxacin, which will be given orally or intravenously.
- Urethral dilatation or scar tissue incision: If you have scar tissue constricting your urethra, gently widening it or cutting the scar tissue will help relieve your symptoms.
- Bladder instillation: Irrigation of the bladder with various drugs has been demonstrated to be useful in treating some types of bladder discomfort. Various reasons, including your lifestyle, can cause bladder discomfort. Changes in what you put in and on your body can assist with bladder pain symptoms.
- Surgery: Surgery may be necessary if chronic bladder discomfort is affecting your quality of life or if you can no longer control your urine flow. Also, a doctor recommends surgery if other treatments fail and symptoms affect the quality of life.
What are the ways to prevent bladder pain?
- Retrain your bladder so that it can store more pee. For example, if you need to pee every 30 minutes, consider extending it to 45 minutes.
- Reduce your tension as It has the potential to be a trigger. Taking 5 minutes each day to do something for yourself might be a good place to start.
- Dress comfortably as Tight clothing might put a strain on your bladder.
- Engage in low-impact exercise. For example, go for a stroll or stretch.
- To prevent triggers, change what you eat and drink. Examples of likely trigger meals and beverages are provided below.
- Quit smoking if you smoke.
Many people report that particular meals or beverages upset their bladders. You don’t have to get rid of them all at once. When your symptoms are severe, consider what you ate or drank at the time. Keeping a diet and symptom journal may be beneficial. Keep a daily record of what you eat and how you feel. You can consult a nephrologist in Jaipur if you have bladder pain due to a urinary tract infection.
Also Read: Which Doctor to Consult for Mouth Ulcer
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Hair Fall
Also Check: Which Doctor to consult for Back Pain
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Headache
Also Check : Which Doctor to consult for Foreskin Problem
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Burning Feet
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Hernia
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Urinary problems
Also Check: Which doctor to consult for Breast Pain
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Breathing Problems
Also Check : Which Doctor to consult for Breast Discharge
Also Check : What Foods to Eat to Cure Fatty Liver
Also Check : How to Reduce Muscle Pain in Legs
Also Check : How to Get Rid of Constipation Fast at Home
Also Check : Stroke vs. Heart Attack What’s the Difference
Also Check : Is Back Pain a Symptom of Pregnancy
Also Check : How Much Pain During Normal Delivery
Also Check : What Are the First Signs of Kidney Stones
Also Check : Which type of Delivery is Best
Also Check : What Can cause Lower Back Pain in Women
Also Check: How Long Does Facial Plastic Surgery Last
Also Check : What are the most common causes of headaches?
Also Check : What are the Symptoms of Brain Tumor?
Also Check : Is Normal Delivery Possible with cord Around Neck
Also Check : What Could be the Complications during childbirth?
Also Check : What Causes Lower Abdominal Pain in Females
Also Check: How Stem Cells used in Treatment of Cancer
Also Check : How Can I Solve my Sleeping Problem
Also Check : What Does a Heart Attack Feel Like
Also Check: How Painful is Normal Delivery
Also Check : What Are the Stages of Cancer
Also Check : Are Breast Cancer Lumps Painful
Also Check : Different Types of Brain Tumors
Also Check : What is hernia disease? is Hernia Dangerous
Also Check :What Foods Help in Sleeping
Also Check : Best Food For Digestion Problems
Also Check : Root Canal vs Tooth Extraction Which is Better
Also Check : How to relieve Chest pain due to Stress
Also Check : How Long Does a Spinal Fusion Surgery Take
Also Check: Best Food for Constipation
Also Check : What are the common complications of kidney stones?
Also Check : Can Back Pain Indicate Kidney Stone
Also Check : What are the Signs of Gallbladder Cancer
Also Check : What are the Breastfeeding Effects of women
Also Check : What Complications During Pregnancy
Also Check : What Condition Paralysis Causes
Also Check : What Level of Eosinophils Indicate Cancer
Also Check : Different Types of Blood Cancer Treatments
Also Check : What is Difference Between Kidney Pain vs Back Pain
Also Check : How many people die from Heart Disease
Also Check : What Causes Sleep Paralysis
Also Check : Can Gastritis Cause Shortness of Breath
Also Check : How to Deal With mental Health During Pregnancy
Also Check : What type of headache indicates a Brain Tumor?
Also Check : What Causes Headaches During Pregnancy
Also Check : How to Diagnose Kidney Stones
Also Check : Why am i Having Trouble Sleeping
Also check : How does cough affect the condition of Lung Cancer
Also Check : What are the Signs of Infertility in Women
Also Check : What to Eat with Upset Stomach
Also Check : How to Prevent yourself from having Paralysis
Also Check : What are common Knee Injuries
Also Check : What to Expect after Chemotherapy for Lung Cancer
Also Check : How to Reduce Back Pain
Also Check : What Can Cause Lower Back Pain in a Woman
Also Check : Most Common Gynecological Cancer
Also Check : How to Stop Frequent Urination
Also Check : What are Side Effects of Plastic Surgery
Also Check : What is the Treatment for Lung Cancer
Also Check : Advanced treatment options for Hernia Repair
Also Check : What is the Best Medicine for Lower Back Pain
Also Check : What Food is Good for Brain Tumor Patients
Also Check : What are Common Sciatica Pain Causes
Also check : Can Dehydration Cause High Blood Pressure
Also Check : What is Constipation? What Causes Constipation
Also Check : Exercises For Lower Back Pain
Also Check : How to Get rid of Leg Pain Immediately
Also Check : Is Lower Back Pain Early Sign of Pregnancy
Also Check : What can Cause Knee Pain Without Injury
Also Check : What to Eat when you have no Appetite
Also Check : What to take for Diarrhea
Also Check: Uterine Fibroids During Pregnancy
Also Check : What Causes Swollen Legs From the Knee Down
Also Check : What Causes Heartburn Everyday
Also Check : What Do Early Pregnancy Cramps Feel Like
Also Check : Why is Laparoscopic Surgery Done
Also Check : All You Need To Know About Cervical Disorder
Also Check : Do Brain Tumors Cause Headaches
Also Check : How many Kidney Transplant can a Person have
Also Check : What are the warning signs of thyroid problems
Also Check : Best Antibiotics for Stomach Infection
Also Check : How Long Does Stomach Virus Last
Also Check : How much does a kidney transplant cost in India
Also Check : Can issues with the digestive system turn serious
Also Check : How Does Lung cancer affect the lungs
Also Check : How to Reduce Blood Sugar Levels Immediately
Also Check : Can Diabetes Be Reversed
Also Check : How Does Stress Affect the Digestive System
Also Read: Different Types of Skin Diseases
Also Read : How Long to Recover From Hernia Surgery
Also Read : What Causes Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Also Read: What are the Types of Lung Diseases
Also Read: What are Mental Health Fun Facts
Also Read: What Causes Protein in Urine Mean
Also Read: How does alcohol affect Blood Pressure
Also Read : Can you Live a normal Life After Spinal Fusion
Also Read: Best Treatments for Stomach Cancer
Also Read: What is the treatment for hole in heart
Also Read: What is the Function of the Digestive System
Also Read : What Can you eat After Gallbladder Surgery
Also Read : How to Get pregnant with Blocked Fallopian Tubes
Also Read: How Much urine can a bladder hold
Also Read : Why am i Bleeding 2 Weeks After my Last Period
Also Read : What Does Blood in the Urine Indicate
Also Read : Is Vomiting a symptom of Covid in Child
Also Read : Is Stomach Infection a Big problem
Also Read : What are the Early Signs of Heart Failure
Also Read: Will Drinking Water Reduce Protein in Urine
Also Read : How to Treat Stomach Infection
Also Read : Most common cause of Acute Kidney Injury
Also Read : How Long Do Antibiotics Affect Birth Control
Also Read: What is cervical spine pain
Also Read: How Does Pregnancy Affect your Hair
Also Read: What is the best drink to Lower Cholesterol
Also Read: When Does Implantation Bleeding Occur
Also Read: Does Diabetes Cause Erectile Dysfunction
Also Read: When Does Back Pain Start in Pregnancy
Also Read : Can Obesity be a Symptom of Heart Attack
Also Read: Why Does my Back hurt while Pregnant
Also Read: What to Expect after Spinal Fusion Surgery
Also Read : What is Cholesteatoma
Also Read: How to Get Rid of Urinary Tract Infection
Also Read: How Long Does Morphine Stay in Your Urine
Also Read: How Long Can you Live on Dialysis
Also Read: What Causes Lower Back Pain in Females
Also Read: What are The Types of Sleep Disorders
Also Read: How Do you Stop your Urine From Smelling
Also Read: Is itching a sign of Liver Problems
Also Read: Should I worry about back pain in pregnancy?
Also Read: What helps with Postpartum Hair Loss
Also Read: How long do you bleed after Abortion Pill
Also Read: Why Head Injury Causes Vomiting
Also Read: Which Food Avoid During Pregnancy
Also Read: How to Reduce Cholesterol in 30 Days
Also Read: How to Cure Throat Infection
Also Read: How to remove mucus from lungs Naturally
Also Read: How to reduce Period pain
Also Read: What is the Reason for Knee Pain
Also Read: What is the success rate of IVF?
Also Read: What Causes Muscle Cramps
Also Read: Does Running Build Muscle
Also Read: How to deal with postpartum problems?
Also Read: Warning Signs of Asthma in Children
Also Read: What to eat after a workout to build muscle?
Also Read: Heart murmurs in children
Also Read: What is the aim of breast cancer awareness?
Also Read: Is Muscle milk Good for You
Also Read: How long can you live with one kidney?
Also Read: Why does my breast hurt when I press it?
Also Read: How to get a normal delivery without pain?
Also Read: What causes Stomach flu in a child?
Also Read: How Long Does it take to Digest Food
Also Read: What to Eat Before Running
Also Read: How to Relieve Buttock Muscle Pain