Get in touch
How to Reduce Cholesterol in 30 Days 2023 Updated
Cholesterol may be both beneficial and damaging to the human body. We need cholesterol to make hormones, Vitamin D, and other substances that help us digest the food we eat. It’s a fat-based substance that’s manageable. Every cell in the body has some cholesterol, but too much of it may be dangerous. High cholesterol may cause certain life-threatening diseases, including heart & renal disease. Patients with diseased kidneys can consult a nephrologist. To maintain a good cholesterol level, seek healthy food and drink options and a healthy lifestyle.
What Causes High Cholesterol?
An unhealthy lifestyle can cause a rise in cholesterol levels in the body. According to studies, some of the causes of high or increased cholesterol are as follows:
- Smoking– It can reduce the amount of HDL cholesterol (the healthy kind) in the body. It also raises the level of LDL cholesterol.
- Lack of Physical Activities– If you are sedentary and do not engage in any physical activity, your cholesterol level is likely raised.
- Eating junk– The biggest cause of cholesterol imbalance is an unhealthy eating habit. You may have high cholesterol if you consume oily foods, street food, dairy products, chocolates, and other foods high in saturated fats.
Which Drinks can help you decrease your cholesterol?
Cholesterol levels are frequently increased due to excessive saturated and trans-fat consumption. Certain beverages might help you maintain a healthy cholesterol level. Green tea, pomegranate juice, citrus juice, soy milk, plant-based smoothies, and red wine are some of the finest drinks for cholesterol management.
- Green tea – green tea is less processed than other forms of tea, allowing it to maintain its natural medicinal properties. Green tea, in particular, includes catechins, which are antioxidants that have been shown to help decrease LDL cholesterol levels. However, it is critical to select the right green tea because they are not all created equal. In general, choose green tea products that are the least processed and most natural.
- Pomegranate Juice – Pomegranate juice is high in antioxidants, particularly polyphenols. Pomegranate juice has more antioxidants than many other fruit juices, and it has approximately three times the antioxidant content of green tea or red wine. Antioxidants are known to have various heart-protective properties, including the ability to lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or “bad”) cholesterol.
- Soya Milk – Soya has a low saturated fat content. Using soy milk or creamers instead of cream or high-fat milk products may help lower or control cholesterol levels. It helps balance LDL cholesterol while not affecting good cholesterol or HDL cholesterol levels.
- Red Wine – While excessive alcohol use is harmful to heart health. But a modest amount of red wine may help decrease cholesterol levels. Red wine, in particular, is high in antioxidants. As a result, if you prefer a glass of wine on occasion but still want to maintain your heart health, red wine is an excellent choice of beverage. Balance is, of course, vital for cholesterol management.
- Tomato Juice – Tomatoes are a good source of lycopene, a plant chemical that lowers LDL cholesterol levels. According to research, the body absorbs more lycopene when tomatoes are processed or cooked, so drink tomato juice and add tomatoes to your minestrone.
- Berry smoothies – Berries are well-known for their heart-health advantages, and strawberries, in particular, can decrease cholesterol significantly. Both are high in antioxidants, which can help protect your heart and blood arteries from damage, and the berries include fiber, which can help decrease cholesterol.
- Cocoa drinks – Cocoa includes flavanol, an antioxidant that contributes to reducing harmful cholesterol levels in the body. Cocoa is the primary ingredient of dark chocolate, which includes many monounsaturated fatty acids, which aid in cholesterol reduction. It includes flavonols, which are antioxidants that help lower cholesterol. Typically, 450mg cocoa twice daily aids in cholesterol-lowering. Processed chocolates should be avoided since they are high in saturated fats.
- Oat drinks – Oat milk is extremely effective in lowering cholesterol levels. It includes a component known as beta-glucans, which, when combined with bile salts, forms a gel-like coating in the intestines, decreasing cholesterol absorption. One cup of oat milk contains 1.3 grams of beta-glucan.
- Plant based smoothie – Smoothies made with kale, pumpkin, melons, and bananas can help lower cholesterol. Making smoothies with these components with Oat milk ensures less saturated fats, which are responsible for abnormal cholesterol levels.
What drinks to avoid for a balanced cholesterol level?
People who want to lower their cholesterol or maintain a healthy level of cholesterol must avoid beverages high in saturated fats, such as:
- coffees or teas with whipped cream, high-fat milk, or creamer
- coconut or palm oil-based beverages or smoothies
- beverages made with crushed coconut
- ice cream-based beverages
- milk with a high-fat content
- consuming alcohol more than 12 ounces
How does high cholesterol cause kidney disease?
Individuals with high cholesterol are twice as likely to have a chronic renal disease (CKD). People who had high total cholesterol and low “good” HDL cholesterol were more likely to lower renal blood flow (GFR). The most accurate approach to estimate renal function is to measure GFR.
In addition, patients with CKD are more likely to develop cardiac disease. This is because persons with CKD may also have other health conditions that might contribute to heart disease. These dangers include:
- Large calcium intake from diet and medication
- Whole-body inflammation
- High blood phosphorus levels
- High parathyroid hormone levels
High cholesterol is also a risk factor for heart disease; therefore, kidney patients should watch their cholesterol levels. You can consult a Nephrologist to get regular checkups for renal issues.
How to get help – Patients with kidney disease or failure and only one kidney or no kidneys are at risk of waste accumulation in the circulation. They may require a transplant or dialysis, depending on their medical problems. A second opinion on kidney dialysis might help you comprehend the procedure’s risks, benefits, and life expectancy. Credihealth can assist you in choosing the best hospital & Nephrologist in Patna. On Credihealth, you schedule an appointment with a kidney specialist in Patna.
Also Check :Which Doctor to Consult for Stomach Pain
Also Read: Which Doctor to Consult for Mouth Ulcer
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Hair Fall
Also Check: Which Doctor to consult for Back Pain
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Headache
Also Check : Which Doctor to consult for Foreskin Problem
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Burning Feet
Also Check : Which Doctor to Consult for Hernia
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Urinary problems
Also Check: Which doctor to consult for Breast Pain
Also Check : Which doctor to consult for Breathing Problems
Also Check : Which Doctor to consult for Breast Discharge
Also Check : What Foods to Eat to Cure Fatty Liver
Also Check : How to Reduce Muscle Pain in Legs
Also Check : How to Get Rid of Constipation Fast at Home
Also Check : Stroke vs. Heart Attack What’s the Difference
Also Check : Is Back Pain a Symptom of Pregnancy
Also Check : How Much Pain During Normal Delivery
Also Check : What Are the First Signs of Kidney Stones
Also Check : Which type of Delivery is Best
Also Check : What Can cause Lower Back Pain in Women
Also Check: How Long Does Facial Plastic Surgery Last
Also Check : What are the most common causes of headaches?
Also Check : What are the Symptoms of Brain Tumor?
Also Check : Is Normal Delivery Possible with cord Around Neck
Also Check : What Could be the Complications during childbirth?
Also Check : What Causes Lower Abdominal Pain in Females
Also Check: How Stem Cells used in Treatment of Cancer
Also Check : How Can I Solve my Sleeping Problem
Also Check : What Does a Heart Attack Feel Like
Also Check: How Painful is Normal Delivery
Also Check : What Are the Stages of Cancer
Also Check : Are Breast Cancer Lumps Painful
Also Check : Different Types of Brain Tumors
Also Check : What is hernia disease? is Hernia Dangerous
Also Check :What Foods Help in Sleeping
Also Check : Best Food For Digestion Problems
Also Check : Root Canal vs Tooth Extraction Which is Better
Also Check : How to relieve Chest pain due to Stress
Also Check : How Long Does a Spinal Fusion Surgery Take
Also Check: Best Food for Constipation
Also Check : What are the common complications of kidney stones?
Also Check : Can Back Pain Indicate Kidney Stone
Also Check : What are the Signs of Gallbladder Cancer
Also Check : What are the Breastfeeding Effects of women
Also Check : What Complications During Pregnancy
Also Check : What Condition Paralysis Causes
Also Check : What Level of Eosinophils Indicate Cancer
Also Check : Different Types of Blood Cancer Treatments
Also Check : What is Difference Between Kidney Pain vs Back Pain
Also Check : How many people die from Heart Disease
Also Check : What Causes Sleep Paralysis
Also Check : Can Gastritis Cause Shortness of Breath
Also Check : How to Deal With mental Health During Pregnancy
Also Check : What type of headache indicates a Brain Tumor?
Also Check : What Causes Headaches During Pregnancy
Also Check : How to Diagnose Kidney Stones
Also Check : Why am i Having Trouble Sleeping
Also check : How does cough affect the condition of Lung Cancer
Also Check : What are the Signs of Infertility in Women
Also Check : What to Eat with Upset Stomach
Also Check : How to Prevent yourself from having Paralysis
Also Check : What are common Knee Injuries
Also Check : What to Expect after Chemotherapy for Lung Cancer
Also Check : How to Reduce Back Pain
Also Check : What Can Cause Lower Back Pain in a Woman
Also Check : Most Common Gynecological Cancer
Also Check : How to Stop Frequent Urination
Also Check : What are Side Effects of Plastic Surgery
Also Check : What is the Treatment for Lung Cancer
Also Check : Advanced treatment options for Hernia Repair
Also Check : What is the Best Medicine for Lower Back Pain
Also Check : What Food is Good for Brain Tumor Patients
Also Check : What are Common Sciatica Pain Causes
Also check : Can Dehydration Cause High Blood Pressure
Also Check : What is Constipation? What Causes Constipation
Also Check : Exercises For Lower Back Pain
Also Check : How to Get rid of Leg Pain Immediately
Also Check : Is Lower Back Pain Early Sign of Pregnancy
Also Check : What can Cause Knee Pain Without Injury
Also Check : What to Eat when you have no Appetite
Also Check : What to take for Diarrhea
Also Check: Uterine Fibroids During Pregnancy
Also Check : What Causes Swollen Legs From the Knee Down
Also Check : What Causes Heartburn Everyday
Also Check : What Do Early Pregnancy Cramps Feel Like
Also Check : Why is Laparoscopic Surgery Done
Also Check : All You Need To Know About Cervical Disorder
Also Check : Do Brain Tumors Cause Headaches
Also Check : How many Kidney Transplant can a Person have
Also Check : What are the warning signs of thyroid problems
Also Check : Best Antibiotics for Stomach Infection
Also Check : How Long Does Stomach Virus Last
Also Check : How much does a kidney transplant cost in India
Also Check : Can issues with the digestive system turn serious
Also Check : How Does Lung cancer affect the lungs
Also Check : How to Reduce Blood Sugar Levels Immediately
Also Check : Can Diabetes Be Reversed
Also Check : How Does Stress Affect the Digestive System
Also Read: Different Types of Skin Diseases
Also Read : How Long to Recover From Hernia Surgery
Also Read : What Causes Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Also Read: What are the Types of Lung Diseases
Also Read: What are Mental Health Fun Facts
Also Read: What Causes Protein in Urine Mean
Also Read: How does alcohol affect Blood Pressure
Also Read : Can you Live a normal Life After Spinal Fusion
Also Read: Best Treatments for Stomach Cancer
Also Read: What is the treatment for hole in heart
Also Read: What is the Function of the Digestive System
Also Read : What Can you eat After Gallbladder Surgery
Also Read : How to Get pregnant with Blocked Fallopian Tubes
Also Read: How Much urine can a bladder hold
Also Read : Why am i Bleeding 2 Weeks After my Last Period
Also Read : What Does Blood in the Urine Indicate
Also Read : Is Vomiting a symptom of Covid in Child
Also Read : Is Stomach Infection a Big problem
Also Read : What are the Early Signs of Heart Failure
Also Read: Will Drinking Water Reduce Protein in Urine
Also Read : How to Treat Stomach Infection
Also Read : Most common cause of Acute Kidney Injury
Also Read : How Long Do Antibiotics Affect Birth Control
Also Read: What is cervical spine pain
Also Read: How Does Pregnancy Affect your Hair
Also Read: What is the best drink to Lower Cholesterol
Also Read: When Does Implantation Bleeding Occur
Also Read: Does Diabetes Cause Erectile Dysfunction
Also Read: When Does Back Pain Start in Pregnancy
Also Read : Can Obesity be a Symptom of Heart Attack
Also Read: Why Does my Back hurt while Pregnant
Also Read: What to Expect after Spinal Fusion Surgery
Also Read : What is Cholesteatoma
Also Read: How to Get Rid of Urinary Tract Infection
Also Read: How Long Does Morphine Stay in Your Urine
Also Read: How Long Can you Live on Dialysis
Also Read: What Causes Lower Back Pain in Females
Also Read: What are The Types of Sleep Disorders
Also Read: How Do you Stop your Urine From Smelling
Also Read: Is itching a sign of Liver Problems
Also Read: Should I worry about back pain in pregnancy?
Also Read: What helps with Postpartum Hair Loss
Also Read: How long do you bleed after Abortion Pill
Also Read: Why Head Injury Causes Vomiting
Also Read: Which Food Avoid During Pregnancy