Infertility is being suffered by men and women in their reproductive ages for ages. Trying to conceive a baby can be a tough task for many couples. In such a case, it becomes important to find out the best IVF specialist and diagnose the issue and get the best possible treatment available.
Sorting fertility issues in men
A good number of men are also found to suffer from infertility issues, which can be problems related to movement or quantity (also termed as motility), quality of sperm. The best IVF Doctors in Gurgaon should be taken advice of about the different health issues faced, erectile dysfunction, infection and low sperm counts. The professionals being experts in the domino can identify the exact issue and also provide appropriate remedies to do away with it or to reduce the more serious problems faced. Family planning decision by couples is likely to be affected significantly by the male factor and hence, should not be taken lightly.
If the couple has not been able to conceive even after trying for over 6 months, then both would require proper evaluation by the experts to identify the issue and the location. If there have been experienced previously failed IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) cycles or multiple miscarriages, the problem cited is male related.
Implantation failure might be due to poor embryo quality, like genetic problem. Fertilization takes place successfully as the male partner’s sperm combines with the female egg. However there are different sizes and sperm DNA is required to well and shrink so as to match with the egg’s DNA. With success achieved in the process, there may form an embryo. If problem is faced with egg or sperm DNA, then resulting embryo DNA is likely to fail, thereby causing early miscarriage or implantation failure.
Top factors which may affect male fertility
- Amount of alcohol consumption in a week: It can be unhealthy to even drink 3-5 drinks in a week, especially if planning to conceive a baby. Even binge drinking is stated to be unhealthy, considered to be over 5 drinks during the day and also is regarded to be alcohol abuse as well as dispersion signs.
- Does the person smoke or make use of smokeless tobacco: It is a known fact that chewing and smoking tobacco is injurious to health. Since these contain unhealthy substances including nicotine, they may cause vasoconstrictriction that makes reduces the size of the blood vessels. It can further reduce the blood flow amount to vital organs, thereby decreasing nutrient and oxygen amount to them. Factors can be improved by around 3 months by stopping such products.
- Injury and surgery in the groin region: Undescended testicles, varcoceles or hernias are considered to be conditions which might affect sperm transportation or production. The fertility specialist needs to be informed if there has been any treatment in the past provided by the urologist.
- Overweight: With wrong and easy lifestyles led by people of all ages, the chance of becoming overweight is very high and it does affect sperm production, which causing increased risks of stroke, heart disease and high blood pressure. Oestrogen, the female hormone is found in excess in the adipose tissue. Hormonal imbalances are caused by this hormone, thereby causing reduction in testosterone production, which is the main male hormone required to produce sperms. Presence of excess oestrogen also creates man breasts, thereby interfering with arousal phase that is necessary for ejaculation and erection.
- Activities or hobbies pursued: There are many men who pursue hobbies which involve chemicals or solvents. Others like excessive cycling or exercising is likely to increase the core temperature of the body. It will be wise to discuss activities and hobbies during fertility consultation.
- Health issues already experienced requiring taking of medications: Some of the commonly faced problems are high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, arthritis, thyroid problems, drug addiction and alcoholism. Medications taken to treat such conditions might prove to be harmful for sperm production.
Therefore, the above are few of the factors among the many that may cause fertility issues in men. In such cases, it will need the person to contact the specialist to diagnose and get proper remedies, so as to enjoy conceiving a baby and experience good health.